Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Conference on lighting and night ecology

I'm following up with lots of people these days on the idea of a conference on night ecology and lighting. This would compliment IDA efforts, but bring a specialized focus to these issues. Though my first love of the night is definately the beautiful starry sky, I think the other issues surrounding darkness are underserved and need more examination. I hope that this can serve as a forum for connecting people on this issue.

Stay tuned in the coming weeks, and contact me directly if you want to be more involved.
435 834 4904

Chad Moore
National Park Service
Night Sky Team

1 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Wouthuysen said...

Hi Chad,

How are you ?
A few weeks ago I went to the astronomy event at Bryce Canyon during my vacation. It was great fun to see the stars during that night eventhough there were some clouds and a six days old moon. You told me about light polution what I find very interesting, prommissing you that I would like to do someting against it in my neighbourhood... I live near Amsterdam in the Netherlands.

I am very happy to find you guys at the internet so I can get in contact with people on this issue. I agree with you that your first love of the night is definately the starry sky. Actually since I was very young. However, this old hobby of mine nearly died of light polution.

I hope to hear more of you in the following days, either by this blog, or by email.

Greeting from a far away country,

Kitty

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home